I have reached that awfully scary part of the book writing process where I need others to read my book! Ha. I have never reached this stage in the process before and I’m super excited to start.
My novel, THE KING’S DAUGHTER, is a YA fantasy! Right now, it’s at a little more than 72,000 words and has 24 chapters. The quick summary is on my home page.
This book is 100% my work, and I would hope it would go without saying but… don’t plagiarize, please.
A few things:
1. I’ll be sending one chapter at a time, with roughly 10-15 questions after each chapter. I would like you to read the chapter and answer the questions immediately after. If this isn’t something you’re interested in, this process probably isn’t for you! 🙂
2. My preferred format is Google Docs. However, if this doesn’t work for you, let me know and we can work something out.
3. While this book is YA, it does have some cursing and a scene that may require a trigger warning. If you are interested in beta reading for me, but need to know more about that scene, let me know! I’d be more than happy to explain it in more detail so you know if you’d be comfortable.
4. You can always opt out of the process at anytime. I just prefer that you let me know! 🙂
5. I’d like to know a little about you! Your age (if you’re comfortable), if you’ve beta read before, and your favorite genre to read. 🙂 Anything else you want to share is fine, too! I’d also like a rough estimate on how long you think feedback will take. Trust me, I understand busy! 🙂
I got these from Jenna Moreci’s vlog about beta readers. 🙂
- What are you initial thoughts and reactions after reading this chapter?
- What was your favorite part and why?
- What was your least favorite part and why?
- What are your thoughts on the main character?
- Are any parts confusing or unclear?
- On a scale of 1-10, how much did you enjoy this chapter?
- One a scale of 1-10, how eager are you to read the next chapter?
- Do you have any predictions?
I may include extra questions depending on the chapter.
That is all! If you’re interested, you can contact me at allisonwritesbooks (at) gmail (dot) com, or you can mention me on twitter (@allisonwrites_), and I’ll DM you.
Thank you in advance!